1. Peel and slice your onion into rings
2. Heat a high smoke point oil such as canola in a pan to about 350 degrees (enough to cover your rings)
3. Grab a large bowl to create your batter
4. Pour in 2 cups of all-purpose flour
5. Add large pinches of salt, pepper and cayenne pepper to the flour
6. Grab a beer, a good lager works best, drink some and add a cup to your batter and whisk in
7. Whisk in one cup of club soda
8. Once your batter is well incorporated make sure it is a little thicker than a pancake batter
9. Stick your finger in and make sure it sticks to know that it is thick enough
10. Dip your onions into your batter and coat
11. Carefully drop into the hot oil and cook until golden brown, don’t burn them
12. Remove from oil and place onto paper towels and add some nice coarse salt while the onions are still hot
13. Be the hit at the party and smell like fried food all day long!
Ain’t no thing, but an onion ring!