1. Using the purchased, frozen puff pastry, roll it out to make it nice and thin.
2. Prick it with a fork to allow air to escape so it doesn’t puff too tall.
3. Cover with parchment paper and another tray.
4. Bake in the oven at 400 degrees F for about 12 mins.
5. Using a bowl, plate, or actual ring mold, cut out the circles for the base of the tarte.
6. Using a mandolin, slice the peach into thin slices.
7. Layer the peach slices in a spiral (starting with the largest slices first) on top of the puff pastry circle.
8. Coat generously with melted butter.
9. Sprinkle with sugar to form a top.
10. Bake in the oven again at 400 degrees F for 8-10 mins.
11. Add the ice cream (or get fancy, here’s how to make the sugar cage he uses!) and lemon oil drizzle and serve!
1. Bring milk and cream and the fresh ginger to a boil, remove from heat and cover and allow to infuse for 1 hour.
2. Strain, and bring back to a boil with the ground ginger.
3. Make as normal, anglaise method.
4. Mature then churn, fold crystalized ginger into ice cream in layers as it comes out of the machine.
1. Combine and infuse for two days.
2. Strain out verbena and discard.
As a bonus, here’s how to make the “sugar cage” the chef makes in the tarte video: