Things You’ll Need:
- 2 lbs of ground turkey
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- 2 diced bell peppers (color is up to you)
- 2 large cans of crushed tomatos (2 lbs)
- 2 cans of red kidney beans (2 lbs)
- 1 diced onion
- Canola oil
- 2 tbsp of tomato paste
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1 cup of beef broth or stock
- 1 tbsp of cayenne pepper (depending on level of spice desired)
- 2 1/2 tbsp of cumin
- 5 tbsp of chili powder (add more or less to taste)
- Salt and Pepper
- Large pot
- Sour Cream (Optional Garnish)
- Green Onions (Optional Garnish)
1. Heat up oil in pot.
2. Throw in all of your vegetables (except for the crushed tomatoes and beans), meat, spices, and tomato paste into the hot oil (leave out the crushed tomatos, beef broth, and beans).
3. Let cook, stiring occasionally, until the meat is brown.
4. Wash your beans off while waiting for the meat to brown.
5. Once meat is brown, throw your beans into the pot.
6. Throw in your crushed tomatoes into the pot.
7. Add the beef broth.
8. Let cook for about 2 hours on low heat, tasting occasionally to determine if it needs more or less of an ingredient,
Hi! I’m Davina and I have an unquenchable passion for all things food, drink and real estate! I love practical jokes, coffee and my two pups. Follow me on instagram!