Hey guys! Here is a lazy pot roast. I call this lazy because you basically throw a bunch of things in a pot and forget about it for 4 hours. There are only about 12 easy steps and it comes out great every time. I’ve made this recipe for the most novice cooks out there. Don’t be afraid give it a whirl I swear everyone will think you know how to cook.
Beef chuck shoulder roast 1-2lbs
4 cloves of garlic peeled and smashed
5 carrots peeled and chopped
1/2 stalk of celery chopped
5 sprigs of thyme
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
4 cups of stock or broth (beef, vegetable, whatever you have on hand)
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
2 Tablespoons allspice
2 Tablespoons grapeseed oil (canola or whatever you have that has a higher smoke point)
- Pat meat dry with paper towel
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Season beef with salt, pepper and allspice
- Chop your vegetables, carrot, celery, onion, garlic (don’t stress on the size they are cooking for 4 hours so larger pieces are fine)
- Put oil into a pot and let it get hot as hell
- Sear your meat on all sides let it sit for 3-5 minutes per side or until it’s brown
- Remove meat from your pan and add your apple cider vinegar and scrape off the bits on the pan with wooden spoon
- Add your vegetables and cook for about 5-7 minutes
- Put your roast on top of your vegetables
- Add stock or broth and cover your meat halfway and add your thyme sprigs
- Cover and put in your oven for about 4 hours at 325 degrees or until the meat is falling apart
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley! Enjoy!
You can also add some baby potatoes to this and it will thicken your sauce because of the starch. Let us know how it comes out.
Hi! I’m Davina and I have an unquenchable passion for all things food, drink and real estate! I love practical jokes, coffee and my two pups. Follow me on instagram!