1. You want to get a pot of boiling water on the stove and prepare an ice bath (which is just ice and water)
2. Take your basil and pick the leaves off the stems
3. You can save your stems and also use them in the oil, but they take longer to soften in the boiling water so do them separately
4. Blanch your basil leaves (drop into boiling water) for a few seconds and then transfer to your ice bath
5. Remove leaves from ice bath and dry out moisture using a paper towel
6. Use a food processor and add your basil leaves and your neutral flavored oil and blend together
7. Using a chinois or paper towel strain any leftover debris from your oil
Use this oil to give your dishes a basil flavored kiss and to add a beautiful splash of vibrant green.
Hi! I’m Davina and I have an unquenchable passion for all things food and drink. You can find me creating cocktails, cooking up some delicious things in NYC and selling real estate. I love practical jokes, coffee and rocking onesies.