Even if you don’t live in Manhattan you can still drink this cocktail. Dating back to the 1870’s this cocktail is traditionally made with whiskey. The origin is still somewhat unclear (but isn’t that true for most cocktails?) Who drinks a cocktail and remembers where it came from anyway? We personally think someone just needed a vessel for the maraschino cherry. Wherever it comes from, Manhattans are that classic drink that everyone should have in their drink dictionary. Here’s an easy recipe to make you feel like a real New Yorker.
1.Take your martini glass and chill it
2. In a pint glass add ice and about 2 1/2 ounces of bourbon or whiskey
3. add 3/4 of an ounce of sweet vermouth
4. add a dash of Angostura bitters
5. use a spoon and stir or just swirl your Manhattan around or even shake if desired
6. Strain into your glass and add a maraschino cherry
Hi! I’m Davina and I have an unquenchable passion for all things food, drink and real estate! I love practical jokes, coffee and my two pups. Follow me on instagram!