This is an amazing caramel sauce you can put on ice cream, apples, brownies and basically anything you want. You don’t need a candy thermometer to successfully do this recipe. You only need 5 ingredients and a sauce pan. You can keep this caramel sauce for up to 6 months in your refrigerator. It tastes great and you will be making caramel sauce like a pro. The only tricky part, is keeping an eye on your sugar so that it doesn’t burn. Get to it!
1. Take your sugar and water and put into your saucepan and turn heat on medium.
2. Let sugar and water cook until sugar becomes clear and bubbly.
3. Turn your heat up to about medium high and let the sugar continue to cook until golden brown.
4. This can take anywhere from 7-12 minutes just keep an eye on it.
5. When your sugar is golden brown carefully drop in your butter.
6. Remove from the heat and carefully and quickly stir in your heavy cream and your vanilla extract.
7. Let cool and then transfer to an airtight container and you can store in your refrigerator.
If your sauce gets too thick when you add the heavy cream you can cook it a little longer until it all incorporates together.
While your sauce is hot, it will still be quite thin as it cools it will thicken tremendously.