1. Add your basil, garlic, lemon zest and black pepper to a food processor and pulse till incorporated.
2. As your processor is running slowly drizzle in your olive oil until smooth and the consistency you desire.
3. Open and check your consistency, if you want it smoother add some more oil and continue to process.
4. Add your pine nuts and pulse a few times until chopped.
5. We add the nuts last because we like them a little chunky, but if you don’t you can add them earlier.
6. Remove your pesto and mix in your cheese.
Quick Tip: You can change out your herbs and use parsley or even mint or anything you want to make pesto get creative!