1. Sift together the ingredients for the seasoned flour –reserving 1/2 cup.
2. Combine the buttermilk and hot sauce, and wisk in the reserved 1/2 cup of seasoned flour to thicken.
3. Lightly pound the steaks with a mallet to tenderize.
4. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Dip the steak one at a time into the buttermilk batter, then dredge in the seasoned flour coating completely.
6. Fry the steaks at 375F for 2 minutes per side until golden brown.
1. Bring the stock and milk to a boil with the thyme and bay leaf, and simmer for 5 minutes. Strain.
2. Heat the butter or lard and wisk in the flour until it a light brown color-cooking all lumps out.
3. Add the stock and cook until thickened. Season with salt and pepper.