- 6 small square pieces of bread, about 2 inches high, with crust removed
- 6 eggs
- 1 lb. celery root, peel, thinly sliced
- 1 pt cream
- 1 pt milk
- Salt/pepper to taste
- 1 pt cream
- 1/4 cup of grated parmesan
- 1 pt of seasonal mushrooms
- 1/4 pt of champagne vinegar
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Shaved parmesan, fresh picked thyme leaves, cracked black pepper (for garnish)
- Bring water to a boil.
- Drop 6 eggs into boiling water for 5 minutes.
- Let the eggs cool in room temperature for about 5 minutes.
- Peel eggs.
Celery Root Crema:
- Add all but water in a small pot.
- Add enough water to cover the top surface of the celery root.
- Bring to a boil, then bring down to a simmer.
- Cook until celery root is tender.
- Add all into the blender.
- Blend on high.
- Add water if needed.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce all by 50% . Put into an ISI can and charge.
- Saute mushrooms with the garlic in olive oil.
- Deglaze with vinegar
- Let sit room temperature for 2 hours.
- Pan fry bread in clarified butter.
- Place a dollop of celery root crema in the bottom of a bowl.
- Place egg on top of toast.
- Place parm spooma on top of egg.
- Garnish with mushrooms, picked thyme leaves, and shaved parmesan.
- Finish with a small turn of fresh cracked black pepper.