1. Take your already roasted chicken and pull all the meat off the bones and chop up into bite sized pieces. Discard the skin.
2. Cut your celery, carrots and onion into bite-sized pieces.
3. Mince your garlic
4. Turn your heat on your soup pot and add your fat/oil about 2 tablespoons.
5. Add your vegetables bay leaf and thyme and cook (don’t brown them so keep your heat moderate).
6. Add your broth or stock and bring to a boil then back down to a simmer for about 15 minutes.
7. Add your noodles and cook until soft (also throw in your already roasted chicken at this time to heat up if you went that route).
7. Remove your bay leaf and thyme. You can use a bouquet garni for this or a sachet d’epices for easy removal.
8. Serve with fresh parsley and you can add dill or other fresh herbs and a squeeze of lemon to brighten this dish up!
Bring to your favorite friend with the flu.