1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Wash and thoroughly dry your kale.
3. Use kitchen sheers or a pairing knife to remove the leaves.
4. Rip them into 1-2 inch size pieces and add to a bowl.
5. Toss in olive oil (approx. 1 tbsp but enough to cover all the leaves).
6. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
7. Lay out kale on your cookie sheet, spacing them out so they don’t overlap.
8. Add your salt and red pepper flakes (omit pepper flakes if you don’t want them spicy, you can also add any other flavors i.e. garlic powder etc. at this point).
9. Bake them in the oven for about 25-30 mins. You can flip them, but you don’t have to they will still crunch up.
10. Add the zest of half a lemon after they come out of the oven (optional).
11. You can store these in an airtight container in the pantry for a few days (but you probably won’t be able to let them sit for that long without shoving them into your mouth).