1. Combine olive oil and sliced garlic in a deep pot.
2. Turn on heat and continuously stir till garlic is golden brown.
3. Immediately add the tomatoes and cook on high heat stirring to avoid scorching.
4. You will need to stir constantly towards the end until the sauce is dry.
5. Meaning, there isn’t any excess liquid, it should be tight.
6. If you are unable to withstand the molten tomato eruptions at the end, you can transfer the sauce to a tray or casserole dish and bake in the oven at 375f for 10 minutes to finish evaporating the sauce.
7. Once out, allow to cool before seasoning with salt and pepper. At this time you can also add chopped basil, capers, or any other garnishes you want. Reserve until needed.
Head to our Guest Chef section for more amazing recipes, tips, & tricks from some of the most talented chefs in NYC.