Beautiful knife cuts are a simple way to add elegance to your dishes. Chiffonade is a cut used for leafy greens such as basil, spinach or collards. When you chiffonade you are cutting your leafy greens into long thin strips or ribbons. We have simplified this knife cut for you so chiffonade away!
1. Wash your basil (or any other leafy greens)
2. Pick the leaves from the stems
3. Stack your leaves on top of each other, go largest to smallest makes life easier
4. Tightly roll the leaves into a cylinder shape
5. Secure with your hand, watch your fingers
6. Using a sharp knife make 1/8 inch cuts into your leafy greens creating strips or ribbons
Hi! I’m Davina and I have an unquenchable passion for all things food and drink. You can find me creating cocktails, cooking up some delicious things in NYC and selling real estate. I love practical jokes, coffee and rocking onesies.