Davina shows us the proper way to cut and dice an avocado and remove the pit.
1. Make sure you have a ripe avocado.
2. Cut the avocado lengthwise down to the pit and stop.
3. Now turn the avocado along the knife around the pit until you make a full circle.
4. With both hands, twist the avocado with in opposite directions with each hand and then pull apart.
5. To remove the pit, hit the knife into the pit till it sticks in it. Then turn and pull up.
6. Smack the knife, flat side down, to get the pit to come off the knife.
7.Take the knife and slice into one of the halves vertically and then horizontally to make a checkerboard pattern.
8. Take a spoon and scoop out the avocado pieces.
Hi! I’m Davina and I have an unquenchable passion for all things food and drink. You can find me creating cocktails, cooking up some delicious things in NYC and selling real estate. I love practical jokes, coffee and rocking onesies.