Ever bite into a chunk of raw garlic? Sometimes whole chunks of garlic in a recipe just won’t do. When that’s the case, you can easily make a paste.
1. Use both hands and press down with your body weight to remove the garlic cloves from the head.
2. Take one clove, cut off the root, and peel the clove.
3. Give your garlic a rough chop.
4. Add a pinch of salt to use as an abrasive.
5. Using the side of your knife, begin to crush the garlic by pressing the blade down and dragging it across the chopped garlic. Repeat until garlic is a paste.