1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees
2. Get a 4-5 lb chicken, remove gizzards and wash and dry
3. Salt and pepper the inside of the chicken.
4.Optional: I use 1/2 a lemon, some thyme and some garlic about 2-3 cloves and stuff it all in the inside.
5. Optional: Then truss the chicken to ensure even heat distribution throughout.
6. Melt about 2 tablespoons of butter and brush the outside of the chicken.
7. Generously salt and pepper the outside of the chicken.
8. Cut up some carrots, celery, onion and potatoes (optional) place them in a roasting pan. Season with salt, pepper and toss in olive oil.
9. Place the chicken with the breast side up and roast for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or to 165-170 degrees. Put thermometer into thickest part of the breast or thigh.
10. When done take the chicken out and cover with tin foil and let it rest for 15 minutes before cutting.
It will be juicy and delicious!
Hi! I’m Davina and I have an unquenchable passion for all things food and drink. You can find me creating cocktails, cooking up some delicious things in NYC and selling real estate. I love practical jokes, coffee and rocking onesies.