Everyone has a different method for separating eggs, but this one is pretty easy and works every time. Your best tools for separating whites from yolks are your hands. Don’t be afraid to get messy and don’t get separation anxiety.
1. Crack your egg on a flat surface rather than the side of the bowl (this way you can avoid shells in your eggs)
2. Put all of the egg into the bottom half of the shell and discard the top half
3. Let some of the white run over into the bowl
4. Transfer the egg into your free hand and let the white part run between your fingers
5. Transfer the yolk back to your other hand and continue transferring back and forth until all of the white has separated and you are left with the yolk in your hand.
6. Wash your hands!
Hi! I’m Davina and I have an unquenchable passion for all things food and drink. You can find me creating cocktails, cooking up some delicious things in NYC and selling real estate. I love practical jokes, coffee and rocking onesies.