Ok, so what is a leek? Welp, it’s an awesome sweet onion that is great for cooking and adding awesome flavor to your dishes. They can be a little tricky to clean because they tend to hold some serious dirt. We’ve broken it down for you and show you two ways to clean these awesome scallion cousins.
1. Cut off the root end of your leek.
2. Cut off the tough top greens.
3. Slice your leek down the middle, lengthwise.
4. Cut into desired sized pieces.
5. Submerge in cold water and swish around.
6. Remove from water and dry before cooking.
1. Cut off the root end.
2. Cut off the top greens.
3. Slice in half lengthwise.
4. Submerge under cold running water and get in between all layers to remove all dirt.