Who doesn’t love cheese sauce? This is an easy technique you can use to make any type of cheese sauce you want. It works great for mac and cheese or even to spoon over vegetables. You need a few basic techniques and some awesome cheeses and you will have this down in no time. Cheesus! It’s so good.
1. Melt your butter in a small sauce pan
2. Heat up your milk in a DIFFERENT sauce pan (don’t let it scald or burn)
3. Add your flour all at once to your melted butter and continuously whisk (let cook about 5 min)
4. Once your milk is heated and bubbling around the edges slowly add to your butter flour mixture (roux)
5. Keep whisking until thickened
6. Add your cheese and whisk until melted
7. Add your salt and nutmeg
8. Taste and adjust seasoning
Hi! I’m Davina and I have an unquenchable passion for all things food, drink and real estate! I love practical jokes, coffee and my two pups. Follow me on instagram!