This one is for all you non-bakers out there. This is a simple fool-proof buttery, flaky pie dough method. You really can’t mess this up and it’s quite versatile. You can also use this dough in savory preparations, such as in Quiche. You can do this in a food processor, but if you are lazy you can do this by hand and it works just fine. This recipe is enough to cover a 9-inch round pan. Go try it.
1. Add your flour, salt and butter to a bowl.
2. Use your hands and break up the butter pieces until they are about the size of peas and mixed into the flour.
3. Slowly add your ice water (you may need to add a little more),
4. Mix all together and dough should be well incorporated and a little sticky, but not too sticky.
5. Form into a hockey puck shape.
6. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap.
7. Refrigerate for about 1 hour.
You can freeze this dough and use at a later time as well.
It’s so easy!
Hi! I’m Davina and I have an unquenchable passion for all things food, drink and real estate! I love practical jokes, coffee and my two pups. Follow me on instagram!
Thanks Davina, your cute by the way!!