Host your next brunch party and impress your guests by making an awesome hollandaise sauce to go over your eggs Benedict or even spoon over some fresh grilled asparagus. Some people are afraid of “breaking” the sauce and think it is a difficult sauce to make, but once you master it you will find yourself making it all the time. Here is a video that will totally help you make this sauce a success every time. Every day is a hollandaise. Wow. Not funny.
1. Grab a stainless steel or glass heat-proof bowl.
2. Add your egg yolks and lemon juice.
3. Whisk all together.
4. Add about 4 inches of water to a sauce pan and make sure your bowl fits on top of it.
5. Bring the water to a simmer.
6. Have your melted butter close by.
7. Put your bowl with your yolks and lemon juice on your simmering water pot.
8. Slowly ladle your melted butter into your yolks while vigorously whisking.
9. Go slow, don’t scramble your eggs.
10. Once all of your butter is added, remove from heat and add your salt and cayenne pepper.
Hi! I’m Davina and I have an unquenchable passion for all things food and drink. You can find me creating cocktails, cooking up some delicious things in NYC and selling real estate. I love practical jokes, coffee and rocking onesies.