Don’t be a chicken. Making your own chicken stock at home is such a benefit. It is more flavorful than the store bought stuff and also better for you and has far less sodium. You can also make a large batch of this stuff and freeze it for later use because it holds so darn well. Also, making chicken stock is very inexpensive and you can do it for under ten bucks! All you need are a few basic ingredients and 2-3 hours to let it cook. Here’s how to make chicken stock.
What You Need:
How to Make:
1. Rinse your bones use cold water.
2. Add all of your bones to a deep stock pot.
3. Cover your chicken bones with cold water about 5 quarts.
4. Put your heat on medium and bring up to a simmer.
5. Let just the bones simmer for about 30 minutes.
6. Periodically skim any fat or impurities that float to the surface using a spoon or a ladle.
7. Add your carrots, celery and onion.
8. Make a sachet (a little bag made from cheesecloth and put in your bay leaf, thyme, black peppercorns, garlic and tie).
9. Let simmer for an hour and a half to two more hours.
10. Skim surface.
11. Take out sachet and strain stock.
12. Put into containers to cool or to freeze for later use.
So easy! You should buy stock in this stock.
Hi! I’m Davina and I have an unquenchable passion for all things food, drink and real estate! I love practical jokes, coffee and my two pups. Follow me on instagram!