You gotta frittata! This is an easy dish you can whip up at any time and add all of your own ingredients. You can serve this bad boy hot or cold, as breakfast or as an appetizer. It’s so easy and you really can’t mess it up. For everyone out there who thinks they can’t cook, attempt a frittata and you’ll feel a little better about yourself.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and set the rack to the second one down in the oven (you want your eggs closer to the top of the oven).
2. Crack eggs into a large bowl.
3. Whisk the eggs together until they are combined.
4. Add the fillings to the large bowl of whisked eggs.
5. Add seasoning (salt and pepper most likely, but feel free to add any others) Tip: Be mindful of salt if you already have salty ingredients (i.e. bacon), don’t as much salt.
1. Heat the pan over low heat.
2. Add fat to oven-proof frying pan (butter or oil).
3. Once the pan is hot, add all of the ingredients in the large bowl to the pan.
4. Let the eggs sit in the pan and start to set.
5. Once, you see the eggs start to set in the pan (in other words they start to become solid), start to pull them in from the edges using the heat proof spatula.
6. Continue to pull it in from the edges as it continues to set for about 3-4 mins (or until it is mostly solid with just a little liquid left).
7. Put the entire pan into the oven.
8. After baking for 7-10 mins (or until the frittata looks cooked through but isn’t burnt).
9. Take a plate and set it on top of the frying pan and flip the frying pan over so the plate is underneath and the frittata falls onto the plate.
You gotta frittata!