There are so many ways to make tomato sauce, but here is a really simple and delicious way to make some at home. You only need a few ingredients and about an hour and half to let your sauce simmer. This is an awesome sauce that you can put over pasta, use on pizzas, or with anything you want. You can freeze this sauce and keep it for up to 6 months. Go make some homemade sauce for your friends and family.
1. Heat your pot and add your oil.
2. Once your oil is hot add your onions and cook for about 4 minutes
3. Add your celery and carrots to the pot and cook about 5-6 minutes longer.
4. Add salt and pepper
5. Add your garlic and cook about 2 minutes
6. Add your tomatoes, basil and stir all together, bring to a boil and then turn the heat down to a simmer.
7. Add your bay leaf and thyme (optional)
8. Cook on low heat for about an hour and half
9. Periodocally stir throughout to avoid the bottom burning and sticking
10. After an hour and thirty minutes taste and adjust seasoning. If too acidic, you can add some butter to take away the acidic taste. You can also add more fresh basil at the end if you’d like!
11. You can blend this sauce if you want a smoother consistency or you can serve it as is a little chunky!