Kale is one of the healthiest vegetables around and when you turn it into chips you will crave this leafy green. With cholesterol lowering, anti-inflammatory benefits you really want to eat this stuff as much as possible, so give this guilt-free recipe a whirl. It is so easy and you can add your own favorite spices and flavors. You will have crunchy, salty chips that you won’t want to put down. Trust. Kale yeah!
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Wash and thoroughly dry your kale.
3. Use kitchen sheers or a pairing knife to remove the leaves.
4. Rip them into 1-2 inch size pieces and add to a bowl.
5. Toss in olive oil (approx. 1 tbsp but enough to cover all the leaves).
6. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
7. Lay out kale on your cookie sheet, spacing them out so they don’t overlap.
8. Add your salt and red pepper flakes (omit pepper flakes if you don’t want them spicy, you can also add any other flavors i.e. garlic powder etc. at this point).
9. Bake them in the oven for about 25-30 mins. You can flip them, but you don’t have to they will still crunch up.
10. Add the zest of half a lemon after they come out of the oven (optional).
11. You can store these in an airtight container in the pantry for a few days (but you probably won’t be able to let them sit for that long without shoving them into your mouth).
Hi! I’m Davina and I have an unquenchable passion for all things food and drink. You can find me creating cocktails, cooking up some delicious things in NYC and selling real estate. I love practical jokes, coffee and rocking onesies.