This is basically a fancy French dough recipe called a pate a choux. It is so simple and can be used to make cream puffs, eclairs and many other savory and sweet items. You can make these and fill them with pastry cream, a savory cheese filling, some ice cream or basically anything you want so get creative. This doesn’t take long and you just have to follow a few steps and you will be on your way to making fancy French pastries.
1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
2. Get a saucepan on high flame and add your stick of butter and the cup of water.
3. Once your butter has melted and your water is beginning to boil shut off your heat.
4. Dump in ALL of your flour all at once and stir with your wooden spoon.
5. Once you’ve stirred everything all together and it begins to form a dough transfer to your bowl.
6. Using your hand mixer mix in your eggs one at a time until all are incorporated.
7. Don’t over mix.
8. Your dough should be tacky.
9. Add to your piping bag.
10. Pipe out profiteroles in about 1 1/2 inch mounds on your parchment lined cookie sheet.
11. Bake for about 20-30 minutes until golden brown.
12. Let cool and fill with your favorite fillings.
Tip: These will hold overnight if you cover them with plastic wrap and leave out at room temperature.