Making peanut butter cups at home is quite easy and fun to do with kids. They make wonderful gifts and you can use different types of chocolate or even crunchy or smooth peanut butter. You can use all organic ingredients as well. They are cost effective and delicious. We love to buy different colored cupcake inserts to go with each holiday or themed cupcake inserts for birthdays and special occasions. Make these treats at home.
This will make a full tray of peanut butter cups (about 12 large ones)
1. Set up a double boiler to melt your chocolate (if you want you can use the microwave for this as well).
2. Melt 2 cups of your chocolate stirring so you don’t scald it.
3. Line your muffin tin with the paper liners.
4. In a separate bowl, mix your peanut butter, confectioners sugar and your butter using your hand mixer.
5. Spoon your melted chocolate into your paper inserts in the muffin tin using a small ice cream scoop or a spoon.
6. Bang your tin on the table so the chocolate sets to the bottom.
7. Freeze for 15 minutes.
8. Remove from freezer and scoop in your peanut butter mixture and bang on table again so it sets.
9. Put back into the freezer for another 15 minutes.
10. Melt the other 2 cups of your chocolate chips and spoon melted chocolate over peanut butter.
11. Take out some aggression and bang on the table again so it all sets.
12. Freeze for another 15 minutes or just leave in the refrigerator and enjoy. You can also leave these at room temperature.
Tip: You can top these bad boys with a little crumbled candied bacon and knock some socks off!