Explore Asian was kind enough to send us some of their various organic, vegetarian noodles a while ago and, having finally gotten around to trying them, we have to admit they are pretty darn good. So good in fact, that they apparently inspired my sister, Davina, to come up with a fun, cold salad recipe using their soba noodles. I’m not usually a fan of cold noodles, frankly, but I have to give credit where it’s due (even if it is to my sister), they were delicious. I, myself, will definitely be making this recipe again (if the weather would ever STAY warm here in NYC finally).
Here’s Davina showing you how to make this super easy summer recipe. Let us know if you try them!
1. Boil 8 cups of water in a large pot.
2. Combine the soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, mirin, sesame oil, sriracha, ginger, sesame seeds in a bowl and whisk together.
3. Add your noodles to the boiling water.
4. Lower the heat and allow to cook for 6-8 minutes.
5. Strain the noodles.
6. Run cold water over the noodles to cool them down.
7. Transfer the noodles to a large bowl.
8. Add the dressing you made in step 2 to the noodles and mix it in.
9. Add the carrots, scallions, lime juice, cilantro, and cucumbers and combine.
10. Chill and serve!
Let me know what you think of them!
David is the resident nerd around these parts. Running a popular tech blog (TheUnlockr.com) for the past 6 years, he’s taken his over-analytical mind and made the transition to food.