When you think of southern sweet tea, you may imagine a precious southern belle sipping from a glass on her porch. Leave it to Brooklyn to dirty it up. (In the best possible way). Skinny Dennis, Williamsburg’s own honky-tonk bar, knows how to make you feel down at home, southern hospitality style. Their Bourbon Mint Sweet Tea does the trick!
This is one of our favorite Williamsburg bars! Check out the entire list!
For mint simple syrup:
1. Steep 2 tea bags in 1 quart of boiling H2O.
2. Remove tea bags, add 3 quarts of ice-cold H2O. Let cool.
3. Dissolve 4 C sugar in 4 C of boiling H2O.
4. Add mint, let steep for 30 minutes.
5. Remove mint, add simple syrup to brewed tea*.
6. Pour bourbon into mason jar.
7. Add ice, fill to top with mint sweet tea.
8. Garnish with a lemon wedge and mint sprig.
(*store remaining tea in refrigerator for up to one week)