Rye whiskey is not new, however it does happen to be the new rage. All the more reason to stop by the popular Williamsburg restaurant, Rye, then walk downstairs to Bar Below Rye and try one of their signature cocktails, a Rye Stirred, it’s a perfect blend of a Manhattan and a Sazerac. Rye not?!
This is one of our favorite Williamsburg bars! Check out the entire list!
To see Casey, one of the bartenders at Rye and Bar Below Rye, make a Rye Stirred, watch the video below.
1. Rinse a rocks glass with Wormwood bitter to coat the inside. Set aside.
2. In separate mixing glass, add rye, cocchi americano and peychuads.
3. Add ice. Stir until just chilled.
4. Strain into coated glass.
5. Garnish with a grapefruit zest.