You can put in any ingredients you want and get really creative with a quiche, but the main concept stays the same. Here is how to make a basic quiche that you can then alter for any mood that strikes your fancy.
1. Follow our How to Make a Basic Pie Crust video and come back to this procedure when done.
2. Flour your work surface so the dough doesn’t stick.
3. Roll out the dough as quickly as possible to avoid the dough starting to stick (flour the work surface and rolling pin as necessary).
4. Once the dough is rolled out into a circle shape that is large enough to sit over the entire pie dish, place it on the rolling pin and then roll it out over the pie dish making sure to center it as best as possible.
5. Push it into the corners of the dish.
6. Pinch the edges of extra dough to create a crust.
1. If using any fillings that need to be cooked (i.e. spinach, bacon, etc.), cook those first and drain any excess liquid they may have as well and set them aside (don’t worry if they get cold, they’re going to get heated up in the quiche).
2. Whisk your eggs together in a large bowl.
3. Once, the eggs are all whisked together, add your heavy cream and continue whisking.
4. Add all of your fillings (i.e. cooked bacon, cooked spinach, raw onions, cheese, etc.) into the bowl.
5. Add seasoning (i.e. salt and pepper) Tip: Be mindful of salt if you already have salty ingredients (i.e. bacon), don’t as much salt.
6. Pour the bowl’s contents into the pie crust.
1. Preheat the over to 375 degrees.
2. Place in the oven for 35-45 mins.
3. Take out of the oven when it looks done, has a golden top, slice, and serve!